Devito provides a number of convenience Operators that can be imported and run in user code to facilitate development. These are exposed as free functions.
All built-in Operators support MPI.
Built-in Operators provided by Devito.
Assign a value to a Function.
- f (Function) – The left-hand side of the assignment.
- v (scalar, optional) – The right-hand side of the assignment.
smooth(f, g, axis=None)¶
Smooth a Function through simple moving average.
- f (Function) – The left-hand side of the smoothing kernel, that is the smoothed Function.
- g (Function) – The right-hand side of the smoothing kernel, that is the Function being smoothed.
- axis (Dimension or list of Dimensions, optional) – The Dimension along which the smoothing operation is performed. Defaults
f’s innermost Dimension.
More info about simple moving average available at:
Compute the norm of a Function.
- f (Function) – Input Function.
- order (int, optional) – The order of the norm. Defaults to 2.
Compute the sum of all Function data.
Parameters: f (Function) – Input Function.
Inner product of two Functions.
ValueError– If the two input Functions are defined over different grids, or have different dimensionality, or their dimension-wise sizes don’t match. If in input are two SparseFunctions and their coordinates don’t match, the exception is raised.
The inner product is the sum of all dimension-wise products. For 1D Functions, the inner product corresponds to the dot product.